Community center Varnenski Buditeli
The dynamics of modern society requires rapid adaptation of traditional community center activities for today spiritual and creative needs of locals. The library building was built in 1912, designed by architecte Nikola Lazarov as residence of mayor of Varna Alexander Vasilev. Purchased by the community center board in 1942 it is related to the history and culture of the city. The rich plasticity of interior and exterior define the building as cultural monument listed under the number 434. Physical wear of facades and roof impose emergency repair in 2000. The roof is renovated, the bow window and skylights are securely connected to the main load-bearing structure. Documentation for adapting the building to the new program of the Library is prepared.
- Date : 10.03.2000